- 3/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 kg thick lamb chops
- 2 russet potatoes grated and squeezed of excess water
- 2 large carrots, grated
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a small bowl, combine the mint, shallot, vinegar, 3 tablespoons of the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In batches, brown the chops, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Roast for 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and carrots. Form into 4 pancakes. Heat the remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook pancakes until browned, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Serve with the lamb and mint sauce.